
I really want to love this whole preschool thing but it just fills me with anxiety. Is he really ready? Is he well enough to go? He went the first two days and I stayed in the class for the first 45-60 minutes and he was alone in class for the last two hours. He missed the next two days because of illness (real and pretend). He went again on Tuesday and I stayed in class for 45 minutes before leaving. Last night he slept horribly, sounded congested, didn't eat anything for breakfast and I took him anyway. I don't think I should have but it's hard to tell if he's actually getting another cold or if it's just all the construction dust. All the second guessing just stresses me out. Welcome to parenthood!
We had a green insulation company come out yesterday to give us a bid on the attic and some of the interior walls. They blow in either cellulose (treated newspaper) or aircrete (fluffy concrete of sorts). The aircrete is more expensive but provides much better durability (waterproof, rodent repellant, doesn't settle, better R value) and is also better at soundproofing. Most of the exterior walls are well insulated (with cellulose) but we know there are some patches without insulation so I think we might have an energy audit to figure out where we need more. The attic is a given since the whole middle is without insulation and the insulation on the edges is on top of the floorboards.
The house is coming along. The footing and framing has been completed where there was no foundation. The window will be framed out and part of the foundation needs to be ground down before the skip sheeting can be put back on and then I think it's on to the siding!! Fingers crossed we can paint next week. We need to get on cutting and staining shingles on Saturday and prepping the garage for painting on Sunday. Then Luke and I can try to start painting next week.
I am patiently waiting for the garden to settle down. Randy came in last night with another huge 30qt? pot of tomatoes, a bit mixer bowl of tomatillos and a big bowl of peppers. I guess we will live off salsa this winter :) I'm loving the spaghetti squash mashed with regular and sweet potatoes. Although I need to go find it. I think Luke has a stash of squash and pumpkins under his bed :)
The good part about preschool is that once he settles in he has so much fun and comes home so happy and full of preschool stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment