Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two steps forward, three steps back

Yesterday turned out to be too much for Luke. A trip to Seattle for a quick dentist appt and then to see Randy at work and have lunch was just too long. He napped less than an hour in the car on the way home and then had a friend over for in the afternoon for a little while. As I type I can see now that it was waaaaay too much. He started throwing up at 4:30 this morning, once in his bed and then once in ours (at 5:30). I had been thinking lately that having a heated tile floor in the bathroom was really unnecessary but he layed on the warm tile as I changed the bed and I was ohhh so thankful we have it. He woke at 7:30 and watched cartoons in bed with me while I dozed until 9:00. That's never happened before! He could have dozed too for all I know. He's now running a low grade fever and is miserable. Thankfully his congestion has mostly cleared so he doesn't have to deal with that anymore. He's napping beside me as I type.

I would love to tell the contractor to go away for the day but there is so much to be done and rain is coming back next week. The noise hasn't been too bad. Window maybe tomorrow then on to trim and siding??

Would love to get the garden and flower beds prepped for fall this weekend but as it stands right now not much of anything is probably going to get done. And the shingles still need to be cut and stained. As always too much to do and not enough time.

No comments: