Any time there looks to be a break in the rain, Luke and I rush out to dip shingles (they don't look as orange in person, at least I hope they don't!). We got all the cut shingles dipped on Saturday, such a beautiful day. Now back to cutting... which isn't nearly as easy because it's not an activity Luke can be involved in.
We had a wonderful weekend. Randy primed all the unprimed trim on the house and I dipped all the shingles. Today Randy and Luke played a lot and I worked on planning the layout for the living room and dining room. We won't have the interior work started for quiet a while but layout of the living room determines height of the windows so we have to determine it now so he can cut the holes in the next couple of weeks. It was so fun sitting here listening to Luke and Randy chatter back and forth on the monitor. We stayed in our pajamas all day, except for Luke who ran around naked. A nice leisurely day.
The congestion from Luke's bout with H1N1 still lingers. Frustrating as hell. It's almost gone but he still sniffs when he first lies down and still coughs a bit from drainage at night. We've taken to putting a dab of Badger balm on his nose and chin after he falls asleep, it's like a natural version of Vicks. It seems to help and we don't want to use the vaporizer anymore.
And can I just say, I am sooooo tired of fruit flies I could just scream. The numbers have died down since the hole in the wall has been filled but a few still linger. Annoying!
No comments:
Post a Comment