Luke's favorite new reply to offerings of food is, "Nasty!". Great! And he has been saying, "damn!" a lot. A big improvement over, "shit!". I told him the other day not to say damn, that it wasn't a nice word and he said, "but I love it!". I'm trying really hard to say "darn" or "drat". He comes up with all sorts of sayings, thanks to the creativity of Dr. Seuss which we read constantly. His latest is "Jesus McGeesus". He said it at school the other day and his teacher gave me a puzzled look. I just shrugged. Thankfully neither teacher is religious :)
We are going to Auntie Tia's house for Halloween even though we have concerns that Adyson is still contagious (H1N1). Luke has already been through it and Randy and I think we have been exposed and fought it off but you never know. Back to Halloween. Luke says he will put his costume on once we get onto Auntie Tia's porch. We'll see. He initially said he wouldn't wear it. Thankfully we don't care if he wears it or not. I didn't really buy the fireman outfit as a Halloween Costume. I thought it might be fun for dress up.
The weather was nice enough today for us to get a lot of work done out front today. I cut back all the black eyed Susan's and weeded more than 1/2 the hillside while Randy and Luke cleared the garden beds in the parking strip and seeded with a cover crop. It is supposed to be nice again tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to finish the hillside and get back to the shingles!
The house is limping along. Erik (the contractor) worked on putting up siding and building the knee braces to go under the eaves. He is supposed to stop by today to put together the knee braces so we can prime them tomorrow and he can install them Monday. Then he can move on with more siding, put up the shingles and cut the windows to go next to the fireplace. Randy and I are beginning to wonder if he's going to continue on the outside of the house through the winter or if he will move to some of the inside projects. We've also decided we MUST have a root cellar dug before next fall. We have absolutely no where to store canned goods or any of the onions, garlic, squash and potatoes we grow. The temperature fluctuates way too much in the garage and attic. The things inside the house that we want are more for convenience so can easily wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment