Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cut, brush, dip, brush, hang

That's been our week. We are trying to get the shingles prepared to hang on house. Luke thankfully loves to dip and it's actually really helpful. Would be great to have an assembly line. Maybe we'll see if we can scrounge up some money hungry middle schoolers on Saturday. The weather's supposed to be decent. Although I did learn on Tuesday that even a slight breeze blows the shingles off my makeshift clothesline, especially if they start to bounce. I need to get a picture but usually before I can get the camera out it starts to drizzle (again!) and I have to run out, pull them off and box them up.



We are working to try to figure out the built in bookshelves because their placement will determine where the windows go and how high or low they are. Need to have a definitive answer by Monday so he can start cutting holes :( and ordering the glass. It's been nice to have the house sealed tight for awhile. At least the east side of the house is protected from the wind.



Luke has been having a great week. Loves preschool, although he gets nervous in the beginning and cries for about 15 seconds as I walk out of the class. He stops the minute I am out of sight. I think I need to work on a quicker dropoff so that he has less time to let the anxiety build. I think he may get more clingy the longer I am there. Hmmmmm.... something to work on.

No comments: