Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Preschool

Luke attended afternoon preschool today instead of morning. He LOVED it. I talked with the teacher afterward and she said that he did much better in the afternoon class. It's smaller (6 kids, 2 teachers) and more fast moving which matches him better. In the morning class he ends activities fairly quickly and gets frustrated waiting for everyone else. He also get frustrated with the older boys in the morning class because he tries to engage them and they ignore him. She says intellectually he is at their level but sizewise he's not and they seem to shun him because of this. She says he then ends up moving to activities he's less interested in because of this and it's not as fun for him. When I picked him up I asked him how it was and he said beaming, "it was great!". So we'll go in the afternoon again on Thursday and then if all goes well switch him permanently (next year he will go M-Th 1-4).

It's been really nice to have the house to ourselves again this week. We've been able to get it cleaned up and fairly organized which is nice. And, I don't have to worry about the contractor coming in and messing it all back up again :)

I finally broke down and replaced my laptop over the weekend. I bought a tiny little 11" Gateway notebook. It's perfect for what I use it for. Unfortunately it's also the perfect size for a little preschooler. Luke has been "writing programs". I end up having to put it up because he opens it, turns it on, types away, then closes it, several times a day. I was very happy to be able to satisfy his curiousity today. He asked, "can I pop these keys off the (old) laptop", the screen has already been trashed and removed so I said, "sure!". He lit up with excitement and went to work.

No comments: