Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunkissed


Luke's face is way too sunkissed. It's so hard to keep sunscreen and a hat on him. I'm going to need to search out a wider brimmed but still cute hat.

Yesterday was rough. Too much time in the sun left me totally scorched. I was working on an area that is usually in the shade but since I had the fence down redoing a section I got too much sun. And of course I chose to wear my maryjane tennis shoes so my feet are absolutely torched. And it was the one day I didn't wear a hat but pulled my hair back instead so my forehead is also scorched. So annoying. But the rainbarrels are all moved and set up and the fence is repaired (the rain barrels had been hiding a gap under the fence).

We had no water yesterday either. Which I didn't remember until AFTER I had run out to take Gracie to daycare (closed) and come back home. So we had to load back up and go to Starbucks for tea and Met Market for water. The water didn't come back on until after 3pm. It sucks, totally sucks not having water. It's easy to forget how necessary it is. When I got the flyer I just thought, oh whatever, we'll survive and didn't prepare at all. Hopefully next time I will take notice and plan for an outage.

Making plans now for invisible fence for the dog(s), the drain system and the patio. The first two should be done in close timeframe so we can rent a trencher and do all the digging in one day.

No comments: