Thursday, May 21, 2009

Exhausted

Luke and I have been working very hard on the new garden beds in the parking strip. Squash, cukes and whatever else vines have to be planted soon. So I continue to battle huge roots with a circular saw (not the best idea yet) and dig trenches for the beds. We FINALLY got one of the 6'x10' beds in last night. I got two beds screwed together today, one 6x10 and one 8x10. I started to dig the trenches for the smaller one only to find two huge roots. Grrrr! So I worked on digging the trenches for the 8x10. Once Luke was down for his nap I went to work on the roots. I need a bath and a massage, I've already got the wine :)

Luke has a cold :( But he still was right beside me, ratcheting the lag bolts in and digging out the trenches. Randy showed him (us) how you could slide a pipe onto a socket wrench and make it much easier to ratchet the bolts in. So he worked on that all day. He took a couple of breaks to drink some juice, have a snack and watch a bit of tv or play with trains. If I was him I would probably be whining and laying on the couch.

We also walked down to the construction zone where they put in the new water and sewer pipes. The excavator guy was wrestling with a huge (really huge) rock trying to get it in the dump truck. The excavator just wasn't powerful enough to lift it that high. I took Randy down to look at the rock tonight and I think if I move one of the plants in the hillside it would fit and look pretty cool. So, I may ask them tomorrow if they would be willing to put it on our hillside. I'm thinking they will probably say no due to liability issues and all that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments: