I was in the backyard setting up the sprinkler last night while Randy was getting dinner ready and I heard a boom followed by a loud shout. It was obvious what probably happened so I booked into the house and sure enough Luke has fallen off the kitchen counter. Thankfully he fell into the dining room onto the wood floors as opposed to into the kitchen onto the tile floors. He was screaming (of course) and had a bit of blood in his mouth but otherwise seemed intact. This morning he has no evidence of falling, no scratches, no bruises. The kid has an amazingly hard head, thank goodness!
We started moving the water barrels yesterday since we are going to be putting in drains. We set up a base out back by the garage and it's going to look really good. There is enough empty soil left for a bamboo plant or something else green and fun to help obscure the barrels. We'll be able to remove one board from the back fence and the faucet on the barrell will poke through right into the garden for easy access. Nice!
The three garden beds in the parking strip are now in. I had amazingly good karma. I set two of the beds myself (one 6x10 and one 8x10) and when I plunked them into the trench I had dug they were level and not only level themselves but level with the other beds. Unbelievably nice!!! There is still some digging and raking that needs to be done to make them look pretty and prepare for planting but the bulk of the really hard work is done. I made quick work of the roots yesterday with the sawzall I borrowed Grandpa Mike. I sure know what's going to be on the top of my Christmas list this year :) I went through 4 blades and should have probably gone through all 5 that I bought but I was nervous that I was going to run into more. When I finally popped the last huge piece out I danced a very happy jig while laughing and cheering myself. I'm sure the neighbors were amused. Will post pictures of all the developments once I find myself with hands clean enough to hold the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment