Sunday, May 31, 2009

Score!

I put out a table on the street with some tomato plants and cucumbers starts with a little donation bucket. It's next to our terribly trashy but successful free pile. Yesterday two Asian ladies got out of their car with their little blue umbrella and spent a long time looking at the plants. It was terribly cute. In the end they took a tomato plant and two cucumber starts. I went down to see what they left in the bucket and found a can of Coke, a bag of ruffles, a dollar and some change. How awesome is that!!! I haven't had a can of coke in ages. By midafternoon when it hot and we've been working hard it's going to taste so good.

Things are really starting to come together and look so much better around here. We've gotten rid of so much stuff that was just piled here and there. I just love giving stuff away. It makes me feel so good both to get rid of it and to have people take it who need it.

Luke got a new backhoe loader yesterday and is happily digging in the parking strip this morning. His Bruder toys are really cool but the plastic seems to dry out and break easily after a lot of outdoor play. Replacement parts are really easy to get but it sucks having the toys out of commission even if it's only for a few days.

No comments: