Sunday, October 7, 2012

BrickCon 2012

Yoda!

The Loot (the weird black thing on the left is actually a leather Hobbit cloak for his Frodo)
I took Luke and his friend Colton to BrickCon (www.brickcon.org) today at the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall.  What a mad house!  I bought tickets online and printed them out before we left.  So glad I did, the line for tickets was long (there were still people in line when we walked by an hour before it closed).

The outer edge of the Exhibition Hall was all vendors with all sorts of Lego items for sale from 25 cents on up to vintage sets worth nearly $500.  I took all the cash we had in the house :) Luke did too.  We ended up not spending much at all really.  Lots of little trinkets (weapons, not my preference).  The pirate set in the back corner was produced in the late 90's.  I think Luke wanted the giant leaf and the gold lego coins which are in the gray box.  He's been wanting Yoda for a long time so grabbed the first one we saw that was reasonably priced.  The little leather cloak is really cool, it was only $2, we regret not getting more but I think the vendor was local so I'll just need to track him down.  He got a set of lego swim fins and snowshoes which are so cute.

The inner part of the Exhibition Hall was all displays that people created and rented space to show.  They were all really elaborate and hard to get a good picture (with my camera anyway) of all the detail.  One of my favorites was "Occupy Legonia" that was a park with all sorts of minifigure demonstrators :)

It only took about 90 minutes for the boys to call it a day.  They both had items they were really excited about, didn't want to shop anymore and had looked at enough displays.

Luke kept saying, "today was really fun", the last time right before he fell asleep. 

No comments: