Monday, December 26, 2011

Chuckanucka

Luke had asked for the big Chuckanucka for Christmas quite awhile ago and then didn't bring it up again.  I wanted to get him but we had already bought enough things.  I asked Randy and he said no.  He is always better when it comes to buying things at Christmas time.  On Christmas eve Randy went to a morning yoga class and came home with Chuckanucka.  Learning Sprout toy store is a few blocks from the studio.  Luke's mini Chuckanucka already had a stocking and Luke had requested clothes to put in the stocking.  So I stayed up on Christmas eve trying to figure out what to sew for a creature with no neck, no waist and short skinny arms and legs.  Big Chuckanucka got a vest and mini Chuckanucka got a brown felt one piece thing.  Randy put Chuckanucka in bed with Luke so they could wake up together on Christmas morning.  Waking up to discover he was using Chuckanucka as a pillow was the best part of Luke's Christmas.

Chuckanucka's tag says this: Ok, you know what? Chuckanucka. That's what. Chuckanucka worries about pretty much everything under the sun: What if the phone rings when I go out? What if the mail man tries to deliver my Deluxe Ugly Earmuffs when I'm in the bathroom? Hey, I don't remember leaving the closet door open Just a crack like that! What if I can't ever stop thinking about my name over and over? Chuckanucka has a pretty strange way of looking at life. Sometimes he wonders if this is all just a hologram, and on other days he wonders what's going to happen if they stop making CD players... How will I play my favorite CDs??? I have over nine of them!!! Poor Chuckanucka. Lucky Chuckanucka.

No comments: