Saturday, October 2, 2010

Whew!

We are frantically preparing the house for new plaster and the floor refinishers while also trying to get everything primed on the outside of house painted. The weather has not been cooperating until this afternoon/evening. Ahhhh! Two coats of paint on the back of the house and one coat on the east side. Just need to get a second on the side and we are good to go. There are several primed windows that need paint but I thing they need caulk first so I didn't do much painting on them. Left the contractor a note, maybe he'll take care of it :)

We've got a lot packed up and moved out. I spent the evening packing all Luke's clothes and removing all the shelving from his closet. Yes, everything including what is in the closets needs to be packed up!!! New plaster everywhere! I've got a bit more stripping of trim to do and then we'll move everything in the house into storage tomorrow except for our mattresses and bags for Hawaii.

Luke is getting very excited for our adventure. He was anxious about it but after two trips to the Museum of Flight and finally understanding that daddy will be off work for weeks he is ready to go. I'm still a bit nervous about him freaking on the takeoff. We'll find out soon enough!

No comments: