I have discovered a couple of great trails to run. One is an old horse trail through the lava fields and the other is along the beach. The beach trail is sand in parts, lava and coral in others and has a little beach fitness area. It's really hard to run along the beach, you just want to stare at the water but the trail is so uneven you'd crash if you did. We have been getting up before 6am which is perfect. I can get a run in while the sun comes up and get back the day even begins.
Oh, and the Ironman athletes, who could forget them. Any time we get anywhere near the highway you see them tons of them on their bikes, getting ready for the race on Saturday. Who does that to their body?? 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run. I just can't even begin to imagine! There were lots of bike boxes being unloaded in the baggage area when we came in. Which was really funny because we had a bike box too albeit a much smaller bike box :)
No comments:
Post a Comment