Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growth Spurts

The amount and sporadic nature of Luke's growth always amazes me. Suddenly, like overnight, his 4T pants are too short. I checked his shoes a couple of weeks ago and they were fine. I checked again today and he is an 11, wearing a size 9. Thankfully I grab cute shoes when they are on clearance and so we had a pair of Converse, Tevas and rain boots on hand. We ran to Old Navy and I picked him up a new pair of canvas camo shoes for play with a coupon I had, $2.

We woke up to gorgeous weather this morning. It clouded while we were running errands and then was clear again by the time we got home. So we went up to Proctor to go the library. Me, walking, he on his bike. He insisted on bringing his new grapple pickup toy and a bag so we could pick up all the trash we saw. When we got home he commented on how we had done a good, helpful thing for the city.

I must admit I about throttled him at the intersection of N 26th and Proctor. We were crossing Proctor and he veered into the insection. I have a handle that extends on the back of his bike so was able to stop him but I can't steer. I had a book bag and Gracie so it was hard and very frustrating trying to get him back into the crosswalk and onto the side of the road. Ugh! They've made the insection so beautiful with stone pavers and such but took out the crosswalk lines making it hard for rambuncious little boys to cross in a straight line. And then of course right after we had got settled and started moving again his pedal fell off. Love that handle. I was able to push him until we got to Gardensphere and they loaned me a wrench. Pedal fixed and off we went. Whew!

No comments: