Luke melted down at around 4:30 today, whining, crying (but not really) and then just collapsed on the couch in front of the tv. I thought he would fall asleep but he didn't. He complained about being cold a couple of times this afternoon but I didn't think anything of it because the attic hatch was open and the front door was open most of the day. At dinner he kind of just sat there and poked at his food. He once again said he was cold and even I was warm so I leaned down and felt his cheek. Hmmmm, warm. Probably a little lowgrade fever. So we gave him a smoothie popsicle and he and Randy are now in bed watching something on the laptop.
The contractor started cleaning some of the insulation out of the attic so he could access the wiring. The insultation is on top of the floor so is pretty worthless anyway. It's amazing how different it is with even just a small part of that thick nasty layer of fiberglass gone. Tomorrow I'll call and schedule the AirKrete guys to come and blow in insulation under the attic floor. The electrician will be here Wednesday to update the wiring for the lights and check the outlet in the kitchen that has never actually worked. We hope to install a solar attic fan before summer to keep the attic a bit cooler so that things stored up there don't get weird from the heat. I can't wait to get all that nasty pink fiberglass sucked out. It will make such a difference spacewise and everything will be so much cleaner.
No comments:
Post a Comment