The porch light is finally back. We love it. It's not bright, then again we only have one bulb in, but just kind of glows. We also have light in the attic. Like enough light to cure the toughest case of SAD. Funny that they worked in the attic for 4 days with stupid little work lamps and then put up the 4 big shop lights last. Men! Of course being a woman what do I understand about the work of electricians :) I have to finish cleaning out the attic this weekend and then Erik will put the floor down on Monday. Tuesday the insulation will be blown in. I think then we'll be done for a while. I can't wait!!
I've been having stupid, annoying muscle spasms in my neck ever since cleaning the attic. I've been to the chiro (twice), massage (horribly painful) and acupuncture (ahhh!). I've been trying to rest it. I haven't been running or doing any of my strength training this week. Tried to go to yoga tonight to work the remaining tension out and it was just useless. So, here I am with Tiger Balm patches on my back sipping a beer. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help too.
Luke had a great week at school. They had a pet day and they got to bring their favorite stuffed pet or a picture of their pet. Luke took his monkey. He was soooo excited. Most of the boys in the class are older and I was a bit worried that they would think a stuffed animal was babyish but it turned out all the boys brought stuffed animals and all the girls I saw had pictures of their dogs. Go figure!
Playgroup was also today. Crazy now that all the kids are 3 and 4 (with lots of younger sibs). So many squabbles, shrieks and a bit of hitting and pushing. It's usually way too much for me and for Luke as well. Although now that's he is in school he seems to handle it better. Me, not so much :)
No comments:
Post a Comment