I find it harder and harder to keep up with the blog when things are not as exciting as a first newborn - look they rolled, teeth!, crawling, walking.... so much to report back then.
Luke is doing well. It's time to sign up for school next year and I just don't know what to do. Sign up for 4 mornings or 4 afternoons or a combination of the two. I want him to be ready for all day kindegarten. I know regardless the adjustment will be a bit rough - it's a long day. I should probably just stop fretting about it.
The contractor stripped out a big chunk of water damaged plaster on Friday and put drywall up around the door. I didn't think it would change anything but it looks really different, like there should be another window or something. The drywall is grey instead of white and looks dark so that's probably why. I swear Luke is less congested since he did it. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Monday he'll prepare for the electrician. We are having all the wiring to the light fixtures updated from the old knob and tube to romex and then we'll be ready for insulation (and lower utility bills!!). Then I think he'll finish up drywalling around the window and we'll be done for awhile. A break will be nice.
Luke has had bouts of being incredibly demanding lately, shouting, stomping, slamming doors, etc. Neither Randy nor I do any of this so it's very interesting behavior. Some of it seems very dramatic and often pretend like but sometimes he's just plain pissed that things are not going his way. And it's not that he's not getting his way, it's annoying things like the dogs knocking over his train track and getting up in his business when he's focusing on something. So I understand the frustration, we just need to figure out how to channel it a bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment