Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tonight's checklist

Luke's bed - mattress cover, waterproof pad, fitted sheet, second waterproof pad, fitted sheet, thin top sheet and light blanket. Extra blankets on standby. Fizzy water, regular water, flashlight/lantern and bucket next to bed. Motrin and thermometer on the bathroom counter.

Luke woke from his nap with a fever (101/102ish). He said he felt fine and only complained of how hot a day it was so I held off on any ibuprofen or tylenol. Randy got home from work and Luke was his same old self. Unfortunately after about an hour they came in and cuddled on the couch and watched some Thomas. He now says his stomach hurts a little bit. A check of his temp at bedtime showed it in the 103/104ish range. Yikes! So we gave him ibuprofren and kicked on the AC. Thank goodness Randy is so levelheaded about these things. I would have had the poor kid in the bathroom sponging him down with a cool washcloth. When I went in to check on him and Randy again his temp is down in the 102 range. Once Randy gets him warm body out of the bed I'm sure it will drop even more. Luke is a total cuddlebug.

So my next project sits in the yard on hold until we get him feeling better. Hopefully it's not too tough to keep him in the house and lowkey.

I just peeked out the window and noticed that every item in our parking strip FREE pile is gone except for the chunk of wood Luke added. Yay!

When checking Luke's temp I realized I have a lowgrade fever. Lovely! I always take my temp first to warm up the thermometer and make sure I get a good reading off him since I don't trust digital.

No comments: