Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Better and worse

I have a love/hate relationship with ibuprofen. I love that it takes his fever down quickly but hate that it makes him feel so good that he starts saying things like, "let's go for a bike ride" and "hey weren't we going to dig trenches?". Keeping him quiet and inside was quite the task. We watched a ton of tv, read books and thankfully drank lots of fluid. Luke's temp was low most of the day but shot back through the roof at bedtime. It seems to us he has been sick a lot since I weaned him and he doesn't bounce back at all. I used to share food and drink with him without hesitation since I would pass along the immunities but now completely shy away from doing so. Wonder if he notices.

The peas are ready for the picking and the strawberries are just about pickable. We picked several from the greenhouse strawberry plant over the past several weeks but now the outdoor ones are almost ready. It seems like there is going to be a lot of them.

As soon as Luke is better we need to venture up to the post office. We got a "your dog appears to be vicious and our carrier feels threatened" letter. I have a few bones to pick with the complaining subsitute carrier and should have complained about him before he said anything about Gracie. Who by the way is soooo excited to see everyone who comes up the stairs and is not threatening. Funny that I don't remember anyone ever complaining about Ebby who scared the crap out of everyone.

No comments: