I heard Randy gasp a sort of "owww" gasp and the Luke screamed and went silent. I paused and within a few seconds Randy called out, quietly and calmly, "mama". I went in the bathroom and there was blood all over Randy's hand and drips on the floor. He was cuddling Luke who was now screaming. Luke had been shaving Randy's head and dropped the electric clippers blade first on his foot, his toes to be exact. The middle toe was already turning purple and had little prick marks on it and the toe next to his big toe was bleeding pretty good. I grabbed a washcloth, got it wet, applied pressure and held his foot above his heart. The bleeding quickly slowed and within a minute stopped altogether. Whew! I really dread an ER visit. Started him on Bumps and Bruises with Arnica and hopefully that will help prevent some of the bruising and swelling.
Luke's bug turned out to be a mild 48 hour bug going around his playgroup. Phew!
Been trying to get things done without much success. We did manage to score a truckload of river rock free off of Craigslist for the water project and probably have enough for drainage for part of the back rockwall. I scored a cheap spin type exercise bike too. And I found someone who has 40-50 of the pavers we need to finish the patio ($2 a paver instead of the $6 Home Depot charges). With all the materials lying around we'll have to get something done!
No comments:
Post a Comment