Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Brrrrrr and phew!!!!

It's beautiful but cold today. I was outside most of the day harvesting from the garden and tearing down the fence in preparation for the excavating company coming tomorrow. I shouldn't complain, Randy is out there now in the cold and dark, but at least it's not windy anymore. They are going to take out several yards of dirt and level it all out. Hopefully we'll be able to get Tagro spread and the lawn seeded this weekend. Wishful thinking!! It's about 4 weeks late but fingers crossed we'll get some sprouts before everything freezes.

Thank goodness we voted weeks ago via absentee ballot. Voting in Pierce county seems to be such a mess today.

We (I) royally messed up with the ending of daylights saving time. I was busy running errands on Saturday and got home late so we skipped Luke's nap. Silly me, we should have put him down late and kept him up later. Sunday, same scenario, but Randy was able to give him a short nap late in the afternoon. As a result we are in the same boat as last year, he is literally begging to go to bed by 6:00 or 6:30 and wants to get up around 5am. It's so hard to say no when he is so tired but I am insisting he stays up until 7:00. Today he was awake at 5:3o and up by 6:00 so it seems we are making progress.

No comments: