Saturday, September 8, 2012

Velodrome

We took Luke out to Marymoor Park in Redmond after school to watch some races and ride the velodrome.  A velodrome is a bike track that is steeply banked in the curves.  I forgot the camera and only had my phone which takes terrible pictures.  And of course pictures just don't come close to showing how steep the track really is. 

We got there super early so we spent a lot of time exploring the trails around Marymoor and rode out onto the Sammamish Trail.  I haven't been out to Marymoor in a long time and was amazed at all the different things going on.  They have a field just for flying remote controlled airplanes!  I saw people playing cricket which I don't ever think I've seen in real life.  Fun!

By the time Luke got to ride in the velodrome it was dark and the lights were on.  It was really cool.  They did the Kiddie Kilo in several heats and it was so fun.  Luke had a good time.  The only bummer was that they put him (and another boy) with older kids on bigger bikes and he couldn't keep up.  I was upset that he was going to feel bad but he seemed to have fun anyway.

Tomorrow we ride in the Ride Around South Sound in Olympia.  It's just a 10 mile family ride and should be lots of fun.

No comments: