Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Luke is adjusting to his new school, making friends and nursing his case of the back to school sniffles.  Not much to report.  So far I like his new school although I think it's kind of weird that after doing the Pledge of Allegiance on Fridays they recite it again in French.  Homework started this week and he has been whizzing right through it so far.  The first day he had math homework I pulled it out and started reading the directions on the paper and Luke started shouting out random numbers before I even finished asking the first question :)  A little eager I'd say.  Last friday he rode the bus for the first time in the afternoon (I followed in the car).  It brings him from the lower school (in Browns Point) to the middle school (in downtown Tacoma).  I pick him up there.  Less travel for me and it gives me an extra 1/2 hour in the afternoon.  He started riding home every day this week. 

So far I love our drive.  It's through the port area and along the water into Northeast Tacoma.  We get to see the port in action and I tell you they are busy!  A couple of times we have pulled over and watched the boats unloading and moving logs around.  We've seen Tacoma Rail shunting cars.  There is a street sweeper that seems to sweep the same streets around the port every day.  That seems like it would get old fast!

Luke was saying, "jesus" and "oh my god" quite a bit before school started.  It's not a big deal around here but it was getting over the top and I didn't want him doing it at school.  I made a deal with him that every time he said something not appropriate for school he had to give me a quarter and every time I said something inappropriate I would do the same.  Needless to say he's give me one quarter and I think he has $4 of mine!!!  It's the "oh my god" that gets me.  We were reading "Aliens on a Rampage" the other day and it vividly describes the aliens pulling slugs out of a tank and snacking on them.  I was reading, gagging and exclaiming, "oh my god!".  He thought it was hilarious and raked in quite a haul in a short period of time.

The Lego frenzy continues.  He sold many toys over the summer and bought a bunch of new Star Wars legos.  He started watching a Lego Ninjago dvd last night.  Ugh!  They just get you all over the place with all the different types of Legos!

No comments: