Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wacky Wednesday

Little things keep going off course today.  It's one of those days that Luke has camp and I have a plan for how I will fill my day.  Ya, right!!  First thing this morning the toilet seat falls off the toilet, completely off.  The toilet already has a couple of cracks in the base and the handle falls off every 3rd time it's flushed, enough is enough already!  Thankfully I had already chosen the toilet I wanted to replace it with but that added a stop at Lowe's and a call/appt with the plumber to my list.  Thankfully the toilet was in stock and the plumber could come over at noon but that knocked yoga out of my day.  Lost my keys while shuffling things around in the car to fit the toilet in.  Since they weren't on the ground I assumed they were in the car and just used my spare set.  Toilet is now installed and it's lovely!  Yay!  Got most things crossed off my list for the day, except oops! the can of paint for the bathroom is now crusted over so need to add a trip to the paint store to the list.  Luke will be none too happy about that, but he's spent the entire day in Lego camp so how can he complain.

Camp is going superwell.  Luke is so excited when he wakes up in the morning that he gets to spend the whole day with Dan the Lego Man.  In the evening all we hear is, "Dan said this...", "Dan does this...." and on and on.  It's amazing that this man makes his living building Legos and according to Luke has at least two Lego studios.  One locally in Freighthouse Square and the other in Mercer Island, at least that's what Luke says :)

Randy and I toured Seabury yesterday and I loved their philosophy and teaching style.  The building and grounds leaves a bit to be desired and they start school at 8:15 in the morning, yikes!  They have a whopping 12 boys enrolled in 1st grade and 1 girl.  Their enrollment has increased from K to 1 which is encouraging (from 8 or 9 to 13).  I imagine people are intrigued by the almost all boy class.  I love the idea that he would have 12 boys to play with instead of just the 3 that don't play with him at his current school.  Of course Seabury is waaaaay more expensive.  We need to talk to the teacher at his current school before we make our decision.  I didn't like the teaching style in kindergarten and if it's the same for first grade it will definitely sway our decision.

No comments: