Usually when I ask Luke what he does all day he says, "can't remember". So I try to make my questions more specific to what I know he has been working on.
Me - What did you do today?
Luke - Can't remember.
Me - The iPad was on your desk this morning. What did you do on the iPad?
Luke - 5 minutes of Analogies, then an art program and some Monkey Math.
He is working on his sight words (I, you, this, that, at, the, and, etc.). I am really tempted to make flash cards or quiz him but his teachers are pretty adamant about no homework which was one of the reasons we chose the school.
They performed the Macarena Bones song at the Pumpkin Carve and I would love to get video of him singing it and post it. He gets embarrassed and shy so not sure he is going to cooperate. In the song he names and points to several bones of his body. So impressive!
They are working on additon up to 20. He came home the other day telling me which numbers were odd and which were even. I asked more about it to find out how he knew. In even numbers everyone has a buddy. In odds there is always someone who doesn't have a buddy.
He has also learned about the greater than/less than symbol. The wide part of the alligators mouth always eats the bigger number.
It just amazes me all the things he picks up and how they explain it so that they grasp it so quickly. Next week I volunteer for the fire station field trip and get to volunteer in the classroom. So much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment