Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Butterfly

Luke's butterfly was still in the house this morning. He tried to catch it and it landed on his shoulder. I told him to walk it outside. He did and reached up to touch it and it flew away. We were both surprised that it flew so high, far and fast so quickly and was out of sight within seconds. I was sure it would flutter down to our garden beds to check things out. He got a little choked up and said he was sad. I told him I was too and then talked about how cool it was that it was so strong even though it was so new. There are still two more chrysalis to hatch. If his best friend Jack comes over tomorrow we'll have him bring his bug barn and hopefully we'll find a worm for him to take home and watch grow.

No comments: