Monday, May 2, 2011

FIVE!

I just don't even know how it happened. 5 years gone in the blink of an eye. I saw a quote recently that said, "the days are long and the years are short". Definitely true being a stay at home parent with a little one. It's easier to fill the days with him now that he's older.

Luke woke up this morning at 5am and called to Randy. Randy climbed into bed with him and Luke made his usual request, "tell a story". Randy was way too tired to stay awake so Luke started in telling a story. What an imagination! I can't remember anything about what it was about, it was 5am!, but remember being so amazed at his ability to weave a tale. I finally, reluctantly, had to say, "shhh! Go back to sleep".

Luke spent his birthday today with his best friend Jack. Jack was sick over the weekend and his mom didn't want him to go to school today but she still let him come over, thankfully. They had a great time playing and both ended up skipping school :)

No comments: