Sunday, April 17, 2011

Elev8tion Gain

Elev8tion Gain has effectively killed our productivity this beautiful weekend. We spent Saturday morning doing an obstacle course (twice), running (3ish miles) and doing various exercises 8 times. We didn't train for this. Needless to say we haven't done much of anything else and probably won't. Hot yoga tonight for sure to see if we can loosen up some muscles. And I do need to pick the remaining collards in the garden that are on their way to seed. Other than that I see lots of easy chores and rest in our day.

Luke spent yesterday morning at his Aunt's house. His relationship with 7yo cousin Adyson is so funny. Not necessarily love and hate but definitely a mixture of love and dread, sometimes complaining, "We always have to do what SHE wants to do". I have explained to him how this works (if you don't want to do it, don't, she'll compromise), but I don't think he digs in his heels much. In the end he frequently asks when he gets to see her again so we assume it's not all that awful doing what she wants to do.

It's hard to believe that in two weeks he will turn 5 years old. Wow!

No comments: