Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nature vs. Nurture

I always find it fascinating to see which things Luke picked up from me genetically and which things his picked up from Randy. He definitely gets his lack of flexibility, poor kid.

There are some things I just wonder about. Luke loves to clean, not actually tidy up or pick up after himself, but clean. I seriously think this is a genetic thing from my side of the family, although clearly it skipped me :) Today it was, "Ohhh, can I wash the dishes??", "after school we can do laundry", and "When we get home from school we are going to do the weeding". The last one really isn't a cleaning thing but more a chore. He is a list maker, probably more of a nurture thing from me. I am always making lists, looking for lists and talking about what needs to be accomplished.

No comments: