Sunday, November 28, 2010

O Christmas Tree


I walked by Gardensphere this morning and discovered they had dumped TONS of perfectly good plants on the side of the building to make room for Christmas trees. I went in and they said to take anything I wanted so I went home and grabbed Luke and Randy. Luke really wanted to see the Christmas trees. I had walked by twice since they were delivered and told him about them. I grabbed 3 flats of free plants. Where they will go I'm not sure :) Randy and Luke stayed to browse all the trees. A while later Randy called and told me that Luke had picked out a very small tree and did we really want a tree now and did we really want one so small. The Christmas tree is for Luke really so we let him choose and it is above. It's a Noble Fir. It has 10 rings so that means it's 10 years. It's got to be the top of a bigger tree. I think it took less than 10 minutes to decorate.
Tonight he wanted to watch something Christmasy so we put in Frosty the Snowman. We ended up having to turn it off, too scary. We tried to tell him that everything would be okay but he was having none of it, doesn't matter if it ends happily, he's not willing to get through any scenes where someone is hurt, sad or scared. So we switched over to Christmas Monkey where the only dilema is trying to figure out what Curious George wants for Christmas.
We ended up not going skiing today. The trail's not groomed, traffic on I-90 was predicted to be really bad and we hadn't picked up our SnoPark passes yet. I can't wait to get him out on his cross country skis again. If the weather holds we'll hopefully go up next weekend.

No comments: