That tiny little black spot in the middle of the picture, Gracie. The little spot on the left, one of the many seagulls she was trying to catch. I was walking along Ruston this morning and decided to go down to the sand so the dogs could sniff around. Gracie started pulling on the leash and since we were surrounded by high rocks I thought she can't get away and let go of the leash. I will NEVER do that again. She swam and swam and swam trying to catch the seagulls. She made it almost all the way out to that big buoy. I finally called Randy in a panic to bring me some bread. If I could lure the seagulls to the beach than I could get her. Of course right when they were walking up I was able to catch her. She doesn't seem tired at all. I was sure she was going to tire and drown.Luke's first week of school went really well. He didn't seem to mind 4 days at all. He has a cold now. Probably a combination of all those kid germs and living in a house with open walls.
Erik and I should finish installing the veneer board (sheetrock) this week. I shouldn't really say I help, all the do is hold the tape measure, help snap lines, help guide the 12 ft pieces into the house and steady the boards while he raises them on the lift. He does all the really hard stuff. One thing I can say with approx 64 2 1/2 drywall screws in each sheet the ceiling and walls are not going anywhere.
We finally actually have doors that close on both bedrooms now. Amazing! It's been what 8 years! Luke even has a doorknob that works. Slowly but surely things are coming together. Can't wait to see the results once we have the plaster and floors done.
No comments:
Post a Comment