Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A picture in the parking strip in full bloom. The squash was nearly as tall as our tiny Honeycrisp apple tree. Randy has planted several varieties of squash, Hubbard, Butternut, Galeaux and we have some random squash/zucchini hybrids. There was also corn and potatoes both of which have been harvested now, all but the sweet potatoes which I just may dig up myself. They aren't going to do much more growing in this cold weather! The garden in the back is full of greens and other stuff still. Such a horrible year for tomatoes. I imagine we will have to yank and hang several plants so we have enough to can and get us through the year.

Luke has started school and is having a great time. I think 4 days a week is going to be fun for him. I have so much to do on the house he'll be glad to get out of here for some kid and outdoor time. Randy got off work early today and picked him up from school. I went up to Seattle for a dentist appointment and to visit my old coworkers at Children's. Luke was so proud to tell his teachers that his daddy would be picking him up from school.

Erik started tearing into the walls inside the house. I forgot how much of a mess it makes. We once again have the sounds of rustling plastic too. I'm getting pretty excited about having better organized closet space. Once we get back from Hawaii I will have tons to do building shelving in our closet, reworking Luke's bedframe a bit and maybe building a bookshelf for Luke's room. I am looking forward to projects that require a saw and drill as opposed to a ventilator and heat gun. Although all the doors and door trim do need to be stripped as well but they can wait. At least they don't have lead paint and the paint that's on them seems to come off easily. I get the feeling that even when we get back and the bedrooms are finished we will still end up sharing a bedroom with Luke. He likes it and we all seem to sleep better when we're together, c'est la vie!

No comments: