Although, I don't know if you can call this an actual summer.....
I usually don't cook in the summer. Why? It goes something like this:
Me (shouting): dinner is in 15 minutes.
Me (making visual contact and shouting): dinner is in 5 minutes.
Me: I'm eating!!!!
By the time Luke and Randy finally come in I'm cleaning up. So, when summer comes it's fend for yourself.
Luke is getting nervous about the flight to Hawaii. I am too, I hate, hate, hate flying and I'm trying really hard to not let him know that. We just booked flights and it appeared there were only 5 single seats on the plane so I'm not sure we're even going to get to sit together. If we are separated it will end up Luke and Randy together and me off to fend for myself, hopefully with a drink and some anti-anxiety meds :)
Today Luke says, out of the blue, "I don't think I want to ride a plane to Hawaii until I'm 5 or 6". I say, "well, we have tickets so we're going in a few weeks. We'll go to the Museum of Flight so you can see planes before we go. You know, planes are actually safer than cars.". Luke says, "there's a lot more cars than planes". Shit, I never thought of that, good point.
Summer is going by so quick and has not been very summerlike at all. Painting the house is going slow. So much little prep work pops up here and there, a splash of primer or glob of caulk which then needs at least 24 hours before paint. I spent all of the weekend caulking, scraping paint and freaking out about lead. I need to be better about wearing a mask and draping a plastic sheet when dry scraping, using a hepa filter on the shop vac and just being mindful about not tracking all the noxious dust around the yard and into the house. It's better to deal with it now than to have it all start flaking again in the coming years. We are very lucky there is no lead based paint inside the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment