Sunday, August 15, 2010

Woke up alone

Woke up alone, doors wide open, sprinkler running, and the dogs raising a ruckus, which is why I even woke up. Randy's phone is on the counter so I have no way of finding out where the heck they are. Oh well, I'm sure they are having fun.

I have been working on scraping paint all weekend. Most of the siding on the house was replaced for one reason or another but there are still patches of the old siding with bad paint. So I have been working with a heat gun to remove it. Would love to just sand the crap out of it and be done but there's lead on some of the bottom layers and they are well adhesed so there no reason to mess with them. I'm pretty much ignoring the eaves for now. They are in the worst shape in terms of appearance and amount peeling and the hardest to work on since you're up on a ladder, looking up and scraping it all on top of you. Since I can paint the rest of the house and ignore them I just might do it and deal with them in the spring while Luke is still in school.

Luke has been having a fun summer. Lauren comes over twice a week to hang out with him while I work on the house. I've been trying to do lots of other fun things with him as well so he doesn't remember this as the summer of house painting. Friday we went to the King County Fair. Monday we are heading up to Great Grandma's house on Lake Stevens. Tuesday we may go up to U Village, Caspar BabyPants is playing there and I/we love him. We may pick up Randy and then head to Johnny Rockets afterwards for lunch.

They are back now, berry stained and happy.

Sorry there haven't been more pics. I lost my photo sharing software when my last computer died and downloaded a new free one on my new computer. It's just not the same and clearly this change isn't one I'm interested in.

No comments: