Friday, April 23, 2010

Update

Finally caught the cat this morning. She was under the house and hungry enough to be lured out. Brought her back in the house and she meowed until I let her back out. Gracie was right outside the door waiting for her but she went anyway. Guess she'll have to learn to get along with them. At least I know she's not trapped and going to starve like last time.

Luke and I still have colds. His seems to be getting better. I just want to crawl back under the covers. I need to bake cookies and muffins for his school's bake sale tomorrow and drop them off by 4:00 today. Ugh!

We still have exposed lath on one wall in the living room with gaps to the outside. Still have the old inner fireplace brick exposed. Still have a hole in the living room floor but that should finally be sealed up today. No wonder I keep sneezing!!!

Luke and Randy have been working on "trimming" back the neighbor's hedge. I call it that because well, "doesn't it look better uneven and natural?". There are piles of laurel branches everywhere that we now have to deal with. The house next door, by the way, is vacant, foreclosed and will someday be resold although what shape it will be in by then who knows. I don't think anyone actually cleaned the house out after the owners left. I'd be shocked if it wasn't infested with mice and rats.

No comments: