Thursday, February 12, 2009

A good day..

Nell, our neighbor's Basset Hound came over for a playdate with Gracie. Auntie Tia picked up Luke for a couple of hours and I worked on moving the rain barrels to make room for the compost bins which NEED to be built this weekend. The worms just aren't keeping up and I hate throwing the extra food scraps away. The compost bins and rain barrels will be on the side of the house visible from the dining room window. I guess we'll just hope they are a good conversation piece (and not a horrible eyesore). We will be able to go out the kitchen door and dump scraps right into the compost bins which will be SOOOOO nice.

I've probably said it before but here it is again...... Gracie is such a gem. She is so tolerate with Luke and such a good companion for me. Luke has accidentally let her out of the yard a couple of times and she is good about staying in the area, but not good about coming back when called. Ugh! I need to keep working on the both of them so the gate stays closed, especially when I'm not in the yard yet.

No comments: