Friday, July 25, 2008

So I'm going to move all this stuff I just don't know when. Randy needs to figure some things out for me. I probably won't be adding many pics or videos until we find a permanent home.
Luke and I went to "Nifty Fish" storytime today put on by the Audubon Society. It didn't go very well. They read a scary story and he cried. It was like three little pigs except with a big, bad shark and three little fish. She read in a very loud and dramatic fashion. We left and went for a walk around the grounds and then continued on with our errands.
Luke is becoming more and more social and outgoing. He actually responded when the cashier talked to him at Trader Joes today. He usually just does the 'deer in the headlights' stare. The unfortunate part of this is he just runs off to "get something" or "do something" or just run really fast. Today he was following a woman around the library. When she stopped to look at books he would just patiently stand next to her.
We were at the park the other day and I kept telling him he couldn't do things because he wasn't big enough. Later he said, "I'm trying to be big." We have been going to the playground at Washington-Hoyt Elementary. He has (unfortunately) figured out that if he hangs on tight while climbing and he loses his footing he will just dangle and not fall. I really wish he didn't realize this yet!!! He scales anything and everything. There are also too many older kids modeling things that I don't want him to know how to do yet.
He loves, loves, loves his new helmet. Yea! We have been biking places almost daily. Such a welcome change from the car. Did I mention I paid $5.61 a gallon for biodiesel the other day??? Thankfully we only need to fill up once a month, if that.

No comments: