The second Randy left for his European tour I ran out to the garden and picked almost all the brussell sprouts. It's a new favorite of mine, roasting them and then throwing them in the wok with balsamic vinegar. Yum! Randy doesn't like them prepared this way and in my defense they are starting to go to seed. I've been trying to pick the rest of the good broccoli for Luke. The season is a changing.
All in all, we're doing good with Randy being gone. Luke isn't too sad and I'm not suffering too much even though Luke was up at 5:30 yesterday and 5:40 today. I just don't get it! I have to drag him out of bed at 6:45 on weekdays when the alarm goes off but on weekends he pops awake more than an hour before we normally get up!
Tonight he wanted popcorn from the local movie theater and I have 4 tickets for free popcorn so how was I supposed to say no??? We hadn't had dinner yet so I made him promise to eat some sort of protein and a fruit/vegetable, so he had chicken nuggets, applesauce and popcorn :)
We went shopping today for the first time for school clothes. Usually I bring clothes home for Luke but he has gotten way too picky for me to shop for him. I get it, I was the same way as a kid. He was a trooper and did so well. We found a pair of pants that he liked at H&M so he got them in 3 colors. Funny that H&M is a Swedish store and Randy is currently in Sweden. Scored 2 pairs of shorts at Old Navy. I think we're set. He got a pretzel after we were done. He has been craving a big soft pretzel all week.
Yesterday he had a couple of friends over and we went to the opening of the new Urban Playground at the Star Center. It's a really cool play/adventure area for kids aged 6-12. They had a lot of fun. The rest of the day was spent mostly with Legos. I think it was a bit frustrating for Luke since he plays with his Legos all the time but his friends that come over love to play them.
We are still contemplating chickens this year. Need to find time to build a coop though. Although I'm sure if we bought chicks we'd build one fast! I need to check out the chick supplier of our local garden store. I watched a horrible movie that showed a chicken hatchery and they were tossing the boy chicks into the garbage still alive. Other hatcheries grind them into animal food, which I am okay with, at least it's a quick end! While I was in the garden store asking them about their chick supplier Gracie chewed through he leash and when I came out she was bashing into the chicken cage. That's also going to be a big problem. Luke will not do well if Gracie eats the chickens.
No comments:
Post a Comment