Friday, December 7, 2012

Pajama Day!

or Happy Anniversary! depending on you know, who you are.  For Luke, clearly it was pajama day.  This was not a very planned thing, it never seems to be.  I was at the mall last weekend dropping my sister off for work and popped into Old Navy.  I bought these pajamas for Luke on a whim thinking he might just have a pajama day at school and need something to wear.  Come to find out he did, less than a week from when I bought them.  Luke usually doesn't wear full blown pajamas so I usually don't buy them.  Thank goodness I did!

And, it's our 7 year anniversary today, as Randy so graciously reminded me this morning.  Ooopsy!  7 years of marriage + 2 years of dating + 17 years of friendship.  It's all just gone by so incredibly fast.  The marriage part especially, I think Luke (and years of sleep deprivation) has something to do with that.

Luke's report card came today.  I loved it.  Not because he's doing well but because the scores/grades were minimal and the comments were long.  It's so nice to hear what they are doing and how he is doing with all of it all instead of just seeing a long list of scores.  He is definitely stronger in writing than in math.  His teacher wrote, "he writes to explain his mathmatical thinking" in the math section.  It's hard.  I feel like we should practice math more so he's more comfortable with it but I have so often read that you should focus more on strengths than weaknesses.  Overall he is doing well and making lots of friends and seem to feel like he belongs which is awesome.

I went to First Friday this morning.  It's an all school gathering they have of this first friday of every month.  I've probably mentioned this before, but the Head of School plays a guitar and they all sing and dance together.  They always end with the Seabury Song, "We're Family" about how even though we're all different, differences are good (and necessary) and we all need each other.  I love it!  I wish I had the lyrics so I could actually learn it and join in on the song and dance.

No comments: