Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Early Christmas Presents

Saturday we vacated the house so we could have the new trim in the living room and hallway stained.  Randy stayed with a friend in Marysville and then raced on Sunday morning in Monroe.  Luke and I stayed at my sister's house.  It was a fun but exhausting day.  Luke had a birthday party to attend at 2:00 and after we got back from that we went out to dinner and then off to Zoolights.  On Sunday morning Luke stayed to play with his cousin and I came home to this.

The contractor got to the house around 10:00 and started to load up all his equipment.  I asked if I could help and he replied that he would take care of it.  I protested a bit and he let me start unwrapping all the paper from all the trim.  It was like opening a giant Christmas present.  How exciting.  We are very happy with the results.

With any luck the fireplace will be tiled by Christmas and we will have one room completely finished. 

No comments: