Monday, April 16, 2012

And just like that....

Luke pedals off into the sunset, no training wheels.  When I ordered his 16" glide bike I knew it was only a matter of weeks before he would be on his pedal bike.  Lots of comments on the website said so, but I did it anyway.  He's been able to ride his pedal bike without training wheels for at least a year but hasn't had the confidence to do so and we don't push.  Maybe his newfound confidence is spurred by the fact that I told him that he could keep any of the money he earned off selling items he no longer uses :)

Swimming is going to be the same way.  He swam one day in Hawaii without any flotation device other than fins and then went right back to wearing the foam cheeseblock on his back.  Maybe this summer or in October (when we are back in Hawaii) he'll just paddle away and be off.

No comments: