Although this picture does not show Comet Falls, that's where we hiked today. Last weekend we went down to the Nisqually Nature Preserve and Luke was so bummed that it was all boardwalk and there weren't any actual trails. So today we drove out to Rainier and hiked up to Comet Falls. He loved it. I think he loves the attention without distraction. He and Randy chattered all the way down making up elaborate stories. We saw chipmunks and marmots too. He found some sort of bent piece of metal which I think he plans to take to share (show and tell) at school this week.He still loves school. He's a bit behind in the reading stuff (sounding out letters and letter combinations) but other that seems to be on par with the kids in the class even though the majority of the kids in the class are 6. I don't think it will be a problem for him to catch up, it's just something we need to keep in mind. There is no homework in his school (for kindergarten) and they pack so much in during the day that we don't push it when he gets home. We looked at www.starfall.com the other day but he whizzed right through most of it and kept asking for more challenging questions.
Erik (the contractor) was here this week to permanently fix the leak in the front window and make sure all the other windows were caulked and ready for winter. He is pressuring me to paint, which I have been putting off, but I need to get to it so I can done before the weather changes for good. The guy painting the garage is taking forever because he NEVER shows up. We're about ready to tell him to pack up and be gone. We didn't pay him up front so we wouldn't lose anything but our own time in finishing up what he hasn't done. It's been frustrating to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment