Luke and I went to Sumner Tractor today to drop off our trimmer for warranty service. What I thought was going to be a quick trip turned into a 2 hour extravaganza. It turns out "Parts and Service" was actually giant John Deere toy store, a few parts and a service counter. Toy store really doesn't do it justice, they have various household items, clothes for everyone from newborn to adult and a wide array of pet gear, all John Deere. I was in awe of all the paraphernalia, I can't imagine how Luke felt. He wandered back and forth, around and around for at least 1/2 hour before he could even speak. It took him more than an hour before asking if we could buy something. In the end we took home a little treaded tractor. There is a really supercool logskidder thing that I really wanted to buy for him but it was almost $30. I told him daddy could come back with him when it was time to pick up the trimmer and they could discuss the a larger purchase.
At dinner tonight Luke announced that he was going to have a sidewalk sale to get rid of things he doesn't use. Huh? This from the kid that saves absolutely everything?? He wants a battery powered ride-on John Deere tractor with a front loader and a rear scoop thing (essentially a backhoe loader). I refuse to buy him anything battery powered but told him if he can raise the money he can buy it. I checked the website and they don't have them in stock. If he can sell enough to raise the money to buy it and it comes back in stock I guess we'll have to get it for him!!
We made our final GET payment today. We purchased 4 years of college tuition. Ahhhhh, such a relief to have that out of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment