Saturday, May 1, 2010

Plant Sale

Today was the Tacoma Nature Center's native plant sale. I talked to the director of the program and asked if I could set up a table and sell starts to raise money for Luke's preschool. She somewhat reluctantly said yes since they aren't native plants. I convinced Randy to donate tomatoes and lettuce to the cause. I dug up 20 pots worth of raspberries plants that were growing where they shouldn't be. Randy printed me out some lovely signs and we raised $330 for Luke's school!!! Randy hates to part with his plants but was really happy that we could support Luke's school. It was amazing to see the whole Nature Center, including Luke's classroom, transformed into a plant nursery. I tried not to buy anything but ended up bringing home an evergreen huckleberry bush. I used the edible part as justification :)

The remodel moves slowly along. We have mocked up windows taped to the wall where windows will be cut on Monday. Erik was going to cut them on Friday but thankfully decided to instead go home early and cut them Monday. Made for a much warmer weekend!!

Luke turns 4 tomorrow. Four! I can't believe it. He wants "little pancakes" (ebleskiver) for breakfast and square, squiggly noodles for lunch. He wants oatmeal cake and the same people to come over as last year (just family). He wants them to come at lunchtime so they won't stay as long. I love that he knows exactly what he wants. Except for gifts. He couldn't think of one thing he wanted for his birthday.

No comments: