When I am in the gym lifting weights I feel so strong and empowered. Today I pedalled down to Seabury Middle School to pick Luke up from school. It's mostly downhill getting there. Clearly my cardio isn't what it should be because it was taxing. Pulling him on the trailer bike back up those hills no matter how slight was brutal. The trailer plus him weighs 75 lbs. It is getting really hard to keep us steady and moving. I'm proud to say that he can pull his own weight quite well, thank goodness. It was hard but we had fun and popped into the 6th Ave Farmer's Market on the way home.
Luke got ice cream and I got a shot of Nettle-Watercress juice. Yum! We stopped at the bike booth so I could get a "I bike Tacoma" sticker and the woman was chatting with us and suddenly asked excitedly, "is that your bike over there?". When I confirmed that it was our recumbant trailer bike she asked if she could take our picture and if I would sign a photo release. Of course, this was a day I did not plan to stop anywhere so was wearing a completely mismatched outfit, green and black shorts with a red shirt (hello Christmas!) and it was our first ride so the bikes were seriously dusty. It will be interesting to see if they do anything with the picture. Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment