I really wanted to post videos of Luke swimming and body surfing but they are too big and it just hasn't worked. So you'll have to see pics instead.
The waves at Kua Bay were big the day we went. Thankfully Randy was able to take the kids in and hang on to them. I'm not sure I had the strength (or courage) to do the same. The waves make me so nervous!This was a new beach for us. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the beach but it was a little family friendly man made beach. It was nice, shallow and lagoon like. Randy said the snorkeling was really good once you paddled out of the protected area. And there were trees to climb! It's nice to have a variety of things for the kids to do.
The mecca! I've never seen such a sleep deprived kid have so much energy, excitement and drive. We flew on a 5 hour red eye from Hawaii to LA, rented a car (Chevy Spark, the cutest little go-cart thing ever) and drove down to Legoland. I thought I was going to collapse the whole first day. After 12 hours of coma-like sleep we hit Legoland ready to go on Day 2.
This is the Sky Cruiser. The most popular ride at Legoland. It's an elevated car on the hill that let's you take in everything there is to see. On the first day the line was way too long to wait so we went there first thing the second day. It was the only ride I did alone since 3 of us couldn't fit in the car. Only 2 people were allowed on most of the rides and I was surprised how many parents went solo on kiddie rides while the other parent rode with the child. It only makes wait times longer for all the other kids waiting!
So many cool sculptures made out of Legos. They are everywhere. It's hard to say the Star Wars layouts were the best or to compare them really. They had all sorts of replicas of cities, monuments, lifesize animals. Just amazing!






No comments:
Post a Comment