Luke and I rode bikes up to the library today. It went really well until the ride home. We were waiting to cross 30th, a really busy street, when suddenly he went forward. I yelled, it's strange, my yell is really deep, nothing like screaming. He stopped, backed up, smiled and said, "sorry" in an oopsie ha ha kind of tone. I tried to explain to him how dangerous it was and how he had to listen to me and he started to scoot out into traffic again. I grabbed him by the hood and pulled him backwards off his bike. I felt really bad about it but clearly my words were not working. How the heck to you explain to an almost 3 yo that being slammed into by a fast moving car would not be pleasant?? He cried a little bit but seemed to then understand that I was in no way kidding around. We waited and crossed the street without further incident and then ventured home (with him stopping and looking at every alley and intersection).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(91)
-
▼
April
(15)
- Let's trade!
- 3 yo X Games
- Mom's New Reading Glasses
- Mister Fix It
- Easter
- Because you don't want to get locked out do you??
- Harvesting Broccoli
- I wish I knew at the time....
- Wild Child
- Mmmm...fresh juiced apple blackberry juice.
- Dinner at the Larson House
- An Awesome Day
- Bike riding
- Working in the garage
- Bedhead
-
▼
April
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment