
Luke is finally back to napping. I have done several car naps to get back into the routine and a couple of bed naps (with a bit of protest). It's so much nicer when he naps and he needs the rest to help beat his little cold.
He has gone to sleep several nights without me, even when I am home. Tonight I got home from yoga and was preparing to put him to bed only to find the light out. It makes me sad that he is growing up and becoming more independent but it also is really nice to have a bit more time to myself.
Timeouts are becoming more frequent, not an every day but weekly. We only give him 15 second timeouts and it has a big impact. I try not to threaten him with them but give him a choice between doing what is appropriate or having a timeout. Do you want to clean up that mess you just intentionally made (when I asked you not to) or do you want to take a timeout?
He has gone to sleep several nights without me, even when I am home. Tonight I got home from yoga and was preparing to put him to bed only to find the light out. It makes me sad that he is growing up and becoming more independent but it also is really nice to have a bit more time to myself.
Timeouts are becoming more frequent, not an every day but weekly. We only give him 15 second timeouts and it has a big impact. I try not to threaten him with them but give him a choice between doing what is appropriate or having a timeout. Do you want to clean up that mess you just intentionally made (when I asked you not to) or do you want to take a timeout?
No comments:
Post a Comment